How will social distancing be managed in public spaces, like dining and concessions, parking, entering, and exiting the building, restrooms, and in elevators?
You can be sure that before we reopen, every aspect of operating a safe environment within and immediately outside the Winspear Opera House will be in place. Social distancing will be a top priority. We are working closely with the AT&T Performing Arts Center (ATTPAC) as they manage the daily operations of their campus facilities.
For spring 2021 performances:
- Dining at the Skyline Terrace will not be available for Dallas Opera performances. ATTPAC offers contactless ordering and payment for beverages and light snacks through the Noble App. More information here. Note: Only bottled water will be permitted in the performance hall.
- Valet parking will not be available. Wayfinding and safety signs will be prominently located in the parking garage and elevators to notify audiences how to proceed safely to the Winspear.
- ATTPAC prohibits open carrying of handguns (Texas Penal Code 30.07) and concealed carrying of handguns (30.06) on the premises for all live events. The Center will employ new security measures during live events, including walk-through security scanners and bag checks.
- All patrons will have their tickets scanned before entering the building. If you require a ticket reprint, you will be allowed entry to the Box Office.
- Restrooms and interior elevators will have prominent signage for safety guidelines but will be self-monitored. Cleaning crews will sanitize restrooms and lobby spaces regularly during performance times.
- A full list of Safety Strategies and audience Code of Conduct expectations can be found on the AT&T Performing Arts Center website.