1. What drew you to a career as an Opera Singer
I always sang for myself and wanted to be on stage ( being someone else) and also I was very asthmatic and shy so my mum found me a choir ( I was 11 ) with a very good master and I took drama lessons , I discovered opera when I was 15 years old.. singing and acting = opera . That was it!
2. Where and what was your first musical performance?
Belinda in Dido and Enea by Purcell in an amateurs company , I was 17.
3. Who is the most inspirational musician you’ve worked with so far and how have they influenced you?
I have many now, but William Christie was my first conductor for my first professional production as a soloist , he gave me confidence and asked more of me on stage and something different for each performance , it was the best lesson ever.
4. If you could collaborate with anyone across any genre or art form who would it be and why?
What or who could it be … so many , I would love to act more or create a recital with paintings and good wines or dance..
5. Apart for from opera, what are your other passions?
I’m also a vocal teacher now, and it gives me so much pleasure to share my passion of acting and singing in an healthy way ..
6. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I have no idea , it’s always a surprise for me to meet people so it depends on your expectations 🙂