- Opera is unamplified, meaning the orchestra is not electronically enhanced and the singers are not using microphones. It is important that you keep your voice down during the performance so that others around you may hear every note.
- Good rule of thumb: if the lights are down, all talking should stop.
- No food or drinks are allowed into the performance hall for opera performances.
- All electronic devices should be turned off. Tweet and update your Facebook status at intermission and be sure to mention TDO.
- There is no recording or photography allowed during the performance.
- We really mean it when we say no late seating. Once the doors close and the performance begins, no one is allowed to enter the performance until the next intermission.
To help you determine which opera to take your family, TDO has ratings posted on our website by production. If you should need more information, please contact our ticket office at 214-443-1000.
TDO suggests that you dress for the experience you want to have at the opera. So if you want to make it an elegant evening out, get dressed up. If you are enjoying a family outing on a Sunday afternoon, dress comfortably. Either way it is about the experience you want to have at the opera.