Yes! Plans are currently underway for new digital-performance events that will be announced and released over the next few months, so stay tuned! The company will continue to engage its audiences via its digital platform, TDO Network, which offers a wide variety of original content programming viewed to date by more than 89 million people in 50 countries. Please also visit our Video Streaming page to register for full performances of previous simulcast operas from the archives. More content coming soon!
You can be sure that before we reopen, every aspect of operating a safe environment within and immediately outside the Winspear Opera House will be in place. Social distancing will be a top priority. We are working closely with the AT&T Performing Arts Center (ATTPAC) as they manage the daily operations of their campus facilities.
For spring 2021 performances:
- Dining at the Skyline Terrace will not be available for Dallas Opera performances. ATTPAC offers contactless ordering and payment for beverages and light snacks through the Noble App. More information here. Note: Only bottled water will be permitted in the performance hall.
- Valet parking will not be available. Wayfinding and safety signs will be prominently located in the parking garage and elevators to notify audiences how to proceed safely to the Winspear.
- ATTPAC prohibits open carrying of handguns (Texas Penal Code 30.07) and concealed carrying of handguns (30.06) on the premises for all live events. The Center will employ new security measures during live events, including walk-through security scanners and bag checks.
- All patrons will have their tickets scanned before entering the building. If you require a ticket reprint, you will be allowed entry to the Box Office.
- Restrooms and interior elevators will have prominent signage for safety guidelines but will be self-monitored. Cleaning crews will sanitize restrooms and lobby spaces regularly during performance times.
- A full list of Safety Strategies and audience Code of Conduct expectations can be found on the AT&T Performing Arts Center website.
When we begin presenting live performances in the Winspear, we will operate our public spaces in a manner that is compliant with best practices as recommended by the City, County, and State. Masks for everyone, except for singers on stage, will be compulsory in the lobby spaces and performance hall. If you do not comply with the face mask requirement, you will be respectfully asked to leave the premises. We do not anticipate mandatory temperature checks upon entry for live performances at this time. Special ventilation protocols have been instituted in the Winspear to ensure maximum air circulation and outdoor air intake in the theater, lobbies, and backstage. A full list of Safety Strategies and audience Code of Conduct expectations can be found on the AT&T Performing Arts Center website. All safety measures will be in compliance with mandated State Health and Human Services regulations for Fine Arts Performance Halls. We are working with the AT&T Performing Arts Center to provide the safest environment possible for our patrons.
The health and safety of our patrons and artists is our top priority. Adhering to social distancing guidelines of six feet between parties, with a maximum of 30 percent of the theater’s seating capacity (approximately 650 seats) will be used.
Our plans to add small scale recitals with piano in the spring, and a few performances with orchestra (including the “VIVA DIVA!” concert starring Joyce DiDonato) will implement a schedule that looks more like a symphony-concert week: one or two artists in town for just a few rehearsals, and the performance. Robust testing will remain a critical part of any rehearsal or performance. If the number of COVID cases in Dallas County recedes as hoped, our safety net becomes less fragile.
Yes. Plans are in the works for outdoor concerts, new digital performance events, and a short series of recitals to take place in the Winspear later this spring—all of which will be announced in more detail over the coming months.