Gregory Sullivan Isaacs is a professional musician who held numerous musical directorships as well as composer-in-residence appointments with opera, choral, and symphonic organizations after an early career as a singer. Currently, he is the Senior Classical Music Critic for the respected electronic performing arts magazine, Theater Jones. He also writes for other publications such as the Fort Worth Star Telegram and teaches voice in a private studio, and general music classes, for The Dallas Music Academy. His critically acclaimed and Pulitzer-nominated three-act opera for tenor and piano – “Henry Faust” – was produced for public television and toured to great acclaim. Other awards include a Peabody award for a televised operatic performance, an ASCAP award for his commitment to American Music and an American Music Center composition grant. His music is published by Musik Fabrik in Paris, France. He is a member of ASCAP, the American Composers Forum and the Music Critics Association of North America. He holds a bachelor degree in music from the University of Miami (first two years at the University of Michigan) and a master degree from the prestigious music program at Indiana University in Bloomington.
The Dallas Opera returns to glorious, full-scale grand opera productions in February 2022—one that includes three of the most popular masterworks ever composed and a fascinating modern opera that has received rave reviews since its 1998 premiere!
- Puccini’s Madame Butterfly—starring Latonia Moore as Cio-Cio-San and Evan LeRoy Johnson as Pinkerton: February 18, 20 (matinee), 23, and 26, 2022
- Jonathan Dove’s Flight (The Dallas Opera premiere)—starring John Holiday, Karita Mattila, and Jessica Pratt: March 4, 6 (matinee), 9, and 12, 2022
- Rossini’s The Barber of Seville—starring Lucas Meachem as Figaro, Wallis Giunta as Rosina, and Alasdair Kent as Count Almaviva: March 19, 23, 25, and 27 (matinee), 2022
- Bizet’s The Pearl Fishers—starring Joyce El-Khoury as Leïla, René Barbera as Nadir, and Morris Robinson as Nourabad: April 2, 6, 8, and 10 (matinee), 2022
View the season brochure here.
Full Series subscribers enjoy:
- Savings up to 30% over individual ticket prices.
- The same reserved seats in the beautiful Winspear Opera House for every opera—and the ability to renew them year after year! Choose the seats you want in the section you prefer!*
- Complimentary glass of champagne at the first performance of your series.
- Free ticket exchanges for the same opera if your schedule changes! (Note: An upgrade fee may apply, depending on the new performance date and seating location selected.) Exchanges must be made at least one business day prior to the performance date.
- Priority access and special pricing for the Family Season, Concerts, and Special Events.
- Free pre-opera talks prior to your performances.
- Discounted parking when purchased in advance.
- Guaranteed best price and best discount for additionally purchased individual tickets.
- Priority access for the Skyline Cafe on the night of your performance subject to COVID-19 health guidelines.
- Discounts for select restaurant and hotel partners.
*Note: We are currently planning to operate at full capacity in Spring 2022 with no seating restrictions for social distancing. Masks will be required.